Tuesday, February 19, 2008

London Trip (15/12/07)

Alrite... since I've got nothing else better to do... I just wanna post some pictures I took during my London trip last December.

LONDON

First day


London Eye.. din went for the ride though.. just took it from a bridge which I forgotten the name of it... lol... It was so nice of Yan Yan's uncle to bring us around London on the first day I arrived.. he even let us have the whole house and also bought us dinner in WAGAMAMA which I heard was quite famous in UK.. have got a few branches around... However, the food was just so so... Yea... tat nite we just walked around the city... Trafalgar Square, Oxford road, China town and some other places...

Second day
anyway, the next day we went to Madam Tussaud's... It changed so much since the last time I went there when I was a little kid.. lol... After that, I met up with Choong Lee and his brother at Hyde Park.. From there we just walked all the way down the street till we reach Harrods... went into Harrods... man, that place is awesome... It would be better if I had few hundred thousands in my bank account.. hahaha... he told me about krispy kremes, so I just bought some to try.. not bad but I prefer Dunkin Donuts... hahah... while on the way out, I saw a Rolls Royce and there were a crowd of people surrounding it... I heard someone said that Victoria Beckham a.k.a Posh Spice was inside... wanted to join the crowd that was waiting for Posh to come out but then I got bored so I just walked off... not really interested in her anyway... lol....

THen Choong Lee brought me to CHinatown for dinner... He said that there's this famous restaurant that sells duck rice.. So we went there... Once we reached, I was told that we have to queue up for 30 mins before we can get our table... Since it's that famous, I said its fine...so we waited... well, it was not bad and not too pricey... tats all I can say about it.. if u compare to Malaysia, well, obviously u cant... hahah... After that, went to Majestic Theatre to buy ticket to watch Phantom of the Opera for the next day...


Sherlock Holmes...


Old skool telephone booth...


Julia Roberts..


Keira Knightley... woo hoo...


Captain Jack Sparrow..


Princess D...


William Shakespear...


some chinese monk.. I dun really know his name...








and how can one miss taking pic with the ever famous Marilyn Monroe....


Harrods....

Third Day

Met up with Choong Lee again and this time we headed to London Bridge and Tower of London... DIn manage to go into the tower of london... Just walked around, take some pictures then we left to Trafalgar Square... Dinner in Chinatown again... this time we ate earlier coz we got to go for a play at 730pm..
Went to Majestic Theatre for Phantom of the Opera... It cost me 35 pounds for that show but I have to tell you guys, it was all worth it... The show was awesome...There was the moving stage effects and all.. the story itself was a good one.. Phantom of the Opera wat... lol...


London Bridge... took it from far coz too lazy to walk nearer... lol...






Big Ben...




outside the theatre after the show...


Fourth day

Lauren and Hwei Chuin joined us on the 4th day before we leave for Germany... Since I was in London 3 days earlier, I took them around... hahaha... We went to St. Paul's Cathedral.. Went up to the tower where I had to climb more than 400++ steps to reach the top... It was exhausting... din really get to travel much that day coz had to leave to Lauren's Fren's place earlier where we took a cab to the airport together... his place was somewhere up north of london in zone 5(forgotten the name dy)...
However, we managed to meet up with Kok Hong and gang for dinner before we left... had buffet dinner in one of the restaurant's in Chinatown.. yes, Chinatown again.. lol....







Alrite guys, tats all for the trip.. there are so many pics just uploaded a few, the rest I think you guys can check it on Facebook... alrite then.. cheers...

No comments: