Sunday, October 12, 2008

National Graduate Fair, London

and this fair is pure rubbish.. ok la it did help me out a bit by providing me with the new 2009 graduate employment and training book to help me sort out the companies that I can apply to.. other than that it was a complete waste of my time.. found out about this grad fair last week and registered for it.. then i followed some of the guidelines provided in the site... I was so hardworking in correcting the mistakes in my CV and spent a bomb photostating few sets of it coz apparently they do have immediate vacancies and they accept CVs on the spot.. so i did it nicely....and i even wore my suit to the fair coz they said that its good to give a good first impression..

heck, when i reached there, there was a long queue at the entrance which i thought was fine.. so we happily waited and laurent and his friend starting making fun of this indian guy in front of us coz by his looks he is definitely not a fresh grad.... we were wondering wat the hell is he doing here... is it because of the bad economy crisis.. lol... then once i got in, i saw some wearing casual wear and some in suits.. so i approached this company and started asking some questions.. and then i proceed to ask if they need my CV and all they did was gave me a brochure and asked me to log on to this website and apply for there.. wth... and the same goes to the rest of the companies.. sigh.. and the immediate vacancies i was looking for was hidden at one corner of the fair, printed on a normal A4 size paper like the classified section on the Star newspaper.. stupid..

then i saw this booth where they offer to check your CV... so i went to have a look and i got the shock of my life when i saw the small fee they need for one on one consultation for your CV was 80 pounds... crazy fellas...

then we head down to Leicester Square for food.. my first meal of the day at 1pm.. lol... went to this restaurant called Wong Kei.. price was alright but then the food doesn't taste good.. the vegetables are so soggy... another total waste of money..

as for today, after browsing through the mag, i happily started applying for jobs online but i never submitted a single application due to the tough questions they asked... omg.. it's worse than the exams i had in leeds... end up watching dramas again..such unproductive lifestyle... sigh.. neway, it's late now... got to hit the bed... nitezz ppl...

No comments: